Tarkus

Saturday, November 28, 2009 sl_55_f1
Unfinished and needs editing. At least I know what I'm working on now. Starting is always the hardest step.

________

A spaceship was hovering in a low planetary orbit around a planet. Unforeseen circumstances had resulted in the spaceship gravitating to the rocky, seemingly uninhibited planet.
The spaceship was rather unconventionally shaped - a boxed oblong with a giant window at the front and three F-1 engines in a triangular pattern at the back. Although white all over, there were two black strips - about five metres in length - running horizontally around the craft. A small, but distinct, red, white and blue flag indicated that this was a federation airship.
Through the front window, a grey haired man could be seen raving excitedly to a rookie twenty something brunette pilot.

"Why does this keep happening to me? I make a wish to see a planet we happen to pass by, and whoa! We end up getting sucked right in. This is prophecy. You gotta believe it too kid, this sorta stuff does happen. This is just like that time I was wanted to see the fleet that just came to town. I used to live on a harbour town, you know that. So we go out shopping, parents and all, and on the way back, my dad makes a wrong turn! Next thing I know we're on the freeway on the North Side, and no way out for 20 miles. We drove over the whole harbour, and I saw all of the whole fleet. That's when I said to myself 'boy, you still got that magic in you. Now work some more up and maybe you'll fly one of them F-35's one day.'

He stopped as suddenly as he had started and looked out the window with a bittersweet look in his eyes.
The girl-pilot just smiled to herself. They were in a fix. It would probably be several weeks before the multipurpose booster rocket headquarters had launched in their direction would arrive. Till then they would just have to wait.

2 comments: Tarkus

Anonymous said...
November 30, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Please tell me there's an Armadillo tank in this story.

sl_55_f1 said...
November 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

There was, but it was defeated by a manticore before it could get on the spaceship. I think it's called aquatarkus now.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...