How Clean Is Your Computer??

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 KOALA
For starters, its good to have this blog active again!
Thankyou all for your comments. And I hope you will all contribute more things in the future.


If you work in a computer shop, you get to see all sorts of computers.
The old, the new, the fast, the slow, the clean, and the dirty. And the REALLY dirty, and the EVEN DIRTIER.....
When I mean dirty, Im not talking about computers being filled with dirty content (though i have stumbed across some computers with that stuff too). But in todays post, Im talking about computers being physically dirty. i.e., years of dust built up.

For me, seeing dust in a computer isnt really suprising. Most people are ignorant about the amount of crap that their computer has sucked up over the years, or people like Sum just really cant be bothered doing anything about it, even know they are aware of it. However, sometimes you open up the side panel of a computer case, and you may find very strange things inside, such as the one below.

From Misc
Here, we have a computer which was actually pretty dust free. Instead, it had a large build up of cobwebs

From Misc
Given that there were 2 active fans in this computer case, I was suprised that a spider could actually live long enough without getting sucked into the fans. Im guessing that there may have been a whole nest located in here at one time.

So having read all this, does it now make you want to take a good look inside your own PC cases and inspect the amount of damage?
I know some of you would be saying "ha! I have a notebook, so i dont have the same problems". Well, my answer to that is - Dust still builds up in your notebooks, and if you dont clean it out once in a while, then the fans end up getting cloged and your computer overheats and dies.

So my recommendation to you all...GO CLEAN YOUR COMPUTERS!!!!

3 comments: How Clean Is Your Computer??

Onderon said...
September 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM

1. My computer is relatively clean under the panel and 2. my laptop has died due to HP's doing what they do best, sucking, and fan not working well.

CK said...
September 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Too lazy, I'm hoping the Samsung can' last another year or so then I'll just upgrade =X.

dozy said...
September 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

will do

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...