Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI unboxing

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 Onderon
First off left me say how relieved I am to finally get my hands on this truly epic collectable. Why would I be relieved? Allow me to explain:

I ordered this figure off ebay on Monday and the seller promptly sent it via EMS on Tuesday and for those familiar with international post you would be safe to assume my package would arrive at my doorstep by Friday but this was only half true. My package did indeed arrive in Australia on Thursday but there was one final obstacle - fucking Auspost. I was tracking my package all morning until I saw the unthinkable, my package status was delivered and signed. At this point I was literally going slightly ape shit but the smart thing to do was to go ape shit over the phone with Auspost. I got shafted to this constipated sounding guy who says they aren't responsible for anything sent to the wrong address and blame the sender for putting the wrong address - how fucking wrong, the address was right but I saw no point in arguing with that irate pos so I said the customary fuck you and hung up and then rang them again this time a woman picked up and they were much more cooperative she even "went out of their way" to help me locate where my package went. 2 quick mins later she realised that when it arrived at their sorting depot they inputted 2000 as the postcode and as we all know that's the fricken CBD. She assured me the fail courier would eventually realise no such address existed out there and send it back to the depot.

Fast forward to today 28/06/2011, 4 days after the expected delivery date, I was up early and camped my front door for the courier to arrive and if you guessed that they didn't show up you're right. Instead a postie zipped by on his bike to shove a "no one at home" card into my mail box without ringing my fucking doorbell. So I ran out there and confronted him asking where was my package and why the fuck would they give me that card if they don't even bother knocking on the door first. I quote "the package is at the post office you can go pick it up after 4". WTF!!! Am I paying them to do nothing? Your job is to deliver things to people and get there signature but instead we have a bunch of morons more worried about getting off work early. Mind you the more deliveries they go through the more they get paid and sticking a card into a mailbox means the same thing to them.

To summaries that wall of text? Auspost sucks. Auspost's courier contractor sucks donkey balls. The postie who works in my area - trying to remove his head out of his arse.

Now finally onto the unboxing =)

Came in a brown nondescript box which I threw away ASAP and inside was a nice layer of fun wrap
From Random

Followed by a layer of the stuff you find inside shoe boxes
From Random

Reason for that is because the outter slip cover is a shiny foil surface and believe me when I say that there are people out there who are willing to buy the box
From Random

From Random

Window displaying the contents
From Random

The production team
From Random

From Random

The tray is fairly deep
From Random

From Random

From Random

Comes with 2 display bases. The diorama base is nicely detailed and is very heavy
From Random

Only 2 shots of it out of the box for now
From Random

From Random


The figure is still very stiff but I'll spend some time fiddling around with it and then prolly throw up some more pics later.

1 comments: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI unboxing

CK said...
June 29, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Bloody Auspost, I think we've all been there at some point ;_;

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...